St. Cloud State University (SCSU) may be a open university found in St. Cloud, Minnesota. It is the second-largest university in Minnesota and features a add up to enrollment of over 15,000 understudies. SCSU offers over 150 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a assortment of areas, counting trade, instruction, designing, wellbeing sciences, and the expressions.
SCSU is known for its solid academic notoriety and its commitment to understudy victory. The university has been positioned among the best open colleges within the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report and Money magazine. SCSU moreover contains a solid center on experiential learning, and numerous of its programs offer understudies the opportunity to pick up hands-on involvement through internships, inquire about, and service learning.
In expansion to its scholastic offerings, SCSU moreover encompasses a dynamic campus life. The university has over 200 understudy organizations, and there are continuously bounty of exercises and occasions happening on campus. SCSU is additionally domestic to a assortment of sports groups, counting the Huskies football group, which competes within the NCAA Division II Northern Sun Radio Conference.
Here are some important dates for University in 2023:
- Fall 2023 Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
- Fall 2023 Early Action Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Fall 2023 Transfer Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
- Spring 2024 Application Deadline: October 1, 2023
- Spring 2024 Early Action Application Deadline: August 1, 2023
- Spring 2024 Transfer Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Courses,Fees & Eligibility
Undergraduate Courses: SCSU offers over 150 undergraduate degree programs in a variety of fields, including business, education, engineering, health sciences, and the arts. Some of the most popular undergraduate courses include:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
Graduate Courses: SCSU also offers over 70 graduate degree programs, including master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, and certificate programs. Some of the most popular graduate courses include:
- Business Administration
- Health Sciences
- Online Courses: SCSU also offers a variety of online courses and programs. These courses are a great option for students who want to earn a degree without having to attend classes on campus.
|Room and board||$10,250||$10,250|
- High school diploma or equivalent: You must have a high school diploma or equivalent, such as a GED.
- ACT or SAT scores: You must submit your ACT or SAT scores. The minimum required score for admission varies depending on the program you are applying to.
- GPA: The minimum required GPA for admission varies depending on the program you are applying to.
- English proficiency: If your native language is not English, you must submit proof of English proficiency.
- Personal statement: You must submit a personal statement that tells the admissions committee why you want to attend SCSU and what you hope to achieve.
- Recommendations: You must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers or other professionals who can attest to your academic ability and character.
- Visit the SCSU website and create an admissions account. This will allow you to access the application form and other important information.
- Complete the application form. The application form asks for your personal information, academic history, and test scores.
- Submit your application fee. The application fee is $30 for in-state students and $50 for out-of-state students.
- Submit your official transcripts from high school and any colleges you have attended.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores.
- Write a personal statement. The personal statement is your chance to tell the admissions committee why you want to attend SCSU and what you hope to achieve.
- Get letters of recommendation. Ask two teachers or other professionals who can attest to your academic ability and character to write letters of recommendation for you.
Here are the average GPA and ACT/SAT scores for admitted students to St. Cloud State University (SCSU) for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- GPA: 3.5
- ACT: 25
- SAT: 1150
The actual GPA and ACT/SAT scores required for admission vary depending on the program you are applying to. For example, some programs may have higher GPA and ACT/SAT score requirements than others.
The St. Cloud State University (SCSU) discharges their confirmation choices on a rolling premise, meaning that they are discharged as before long as the application is total and looked into. Be that as it may, the larger part of choices are discharged in Walk and April for the drop semester.
You’ll check your application status online through the SCSU affirmations entry. You may get an mail notice when your choice is accessible.
The university offers a variety of career services to help students find jobs after graduation. These services include:
- Career counseling: Career counselors can help students develop their career goals and find jobs that are a good fit for them.
- Job search assistance: Career counselors can help students with their resumes, cover letters, and interviewing skills.
- Job fairs: SCSU hosts several job fairs each year where students can meet with employers and learn about job opportunities.
- Internship programs: SCSU offers a variety of internship programs that allow students to gain hands-on experience in their chosen field.
- Academic Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students based on their academic achievement.
- Athletic Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who participate in varsity sports.
- Merit Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding academic or extracurricular achievement.
- Need-based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Ethnic/Racial Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from underrepresented groups.
- International Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students from other countries.
- Military Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who are veterans or members of the military.
- G.I. Bill: This is a federal program that provides financial assistance to veterans and their dependents.
The St. Cloud State University campus is found in St. Cloud, Minnesota. It could be a 100-acre campus that’s domestic to over 15,000 understudies. The campus is partitioned into four fundamental zones: the Scholastic Quad, the Waterway Statures Campus, the West Campus, and the Wellbeing Sciences Campus.
The Scholastic Quad is the heart of the campus and is domestic to numerous of the university’s scholastic buildings, counting the Centennial Understudy Union, the Atwood Dedication Library, and the SCSU Craftsmanship Exhibition hall. The Stream Statures Campus is found on the Mississippi Stream and is domestic to the university’s athletic offices, counting Imposing Stadium and the Herb Brooks Field. The West Campus is domestic to the university’s science and designing buildings, and the Wellbeing Sciences Campus is domestic to the university’s wellbeing science programs.
Here are some notable alumni of The University:
- Richard Dean Anderson: Actor, best known for his role as MacGyver in the television series of the same name.
- Warren Limmer: Minnesota politician, member of the Minnesota Senate
- Jim Eisenreich: Former Major League Baseball player.
- Ralph Heimdahl: Creator and producer of the Bugs Bunny cartoons.
- Grayce Kaneda Uyehara: Japanese-American artist and educator
- Tami and Toni Jameson: Olympic handball players.
- Patrick Russell: Professional ice hockey player
- H. Timothy (“Tim”) Vakoc: First U.S. military chaplain to die from wounds received in the Iraq War.
- Terrence “Lee” Zehrer: American entrepreneur and internet pioneer
St. Cloud State University’s ranking in the 2022-2023 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities Midwest, #82. Its in-state tuition and fees are $10,118; out-of-state tuition and fees are $20,002
Saint Cloud State University ranked 373rd in the United States, 1510th in the global 2023 rating, and scored in the TOP 50% across 61 research topics
SCSU is the only Minnesota university that offers an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited manufacturing engineering program. It also offers ABET-accredited electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and computer science programs.