About Harvard Business School
Harvard Business School is one of the twelve schools of Harvard University, which is an Ivy League college located in Cambridge, Massachusetts since 1636. It ranked third in the QS World University rankings 2020. The University is offering education on a global scale. Harvard University is the oldest institution of the United States that offers higher education.
The school provides a two-year and full-time MBA program with the management curriculum that focuses on practice in the real-world. Under this program, a scholarship award of average $42k is awarded annually. In this, a 2+2 program is also available that gives you the opportunity to practice for 2 years after the 2-year program. The applications are available around the time of April for the 2+2 program while the applications are available in September and January for the course only.
- 1. A 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent: Equivalent degree include the three year bachelor program.
- 2. GMAT or GRE test results: The test should be taken atleast one week prior to the application date. The scores should not be earlier than five years.
- 3. TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE test results if the applicant attended a non-English undergraduate program: The test should not be taken earlier than one year than the application date.
Transcript(s): All the transcripts from all the undergraduate and graduate programs attended by the applicant must be uploaded.
GMAT/GRE: The unofficial score or the official score must be uploaded.
TOEFL/IELTS/Pearson Test of English (PTE): Applicants having TOEFL score less than 109 in the TOEFL IBT or IELTS score less than 7.5 or PTE score less than 75 are discouraged from applying to the program.
Essay: Two recommendation essays must be submitted online.
Resume: A business resume of the applicant must be uploaded on the website.
Acceptance of Policies: HBS Admissions Policies must be accepted. The acceptance must be duly signed.
Fee: Application fee of $250 must be paid through credit card.
Interview: Interview may be conducted after the application has been submitted and reviewed. Interviews may be scheduled online or on-campus.
Post-Interview Reflection: After the interview is over, the candidates are required to submit a written feedback on the online application system.
A lot of PhD.D programs in Accounting & Management, Business Economics (Including Finance), Management, Health Policy (Management), Organizational Behavior, Marketing, Technology & Operations Management and Strategy are also provided by the school.
All of the students are provided 100% funding for five years, given the student’s satisfactory progress. Along with this, a living expense($43,000 as for 2019-2020) is also given.
- 1. Completed online application form.
- 2. Resume: Updated resume of the applicant must be provided.
- 3. Statement of Purpose
- 4. Transcripts: All the transcripts of the college/university degrees and other courses pursued by the applicant must be uploaded online. Hard copies of the transcripts will be required when the applicant has been admitted to a particular course.
- 5. GMAT/GRE scores: The test scores must be as old as five years or less. There is no minimum score required by the school.
- 6. TOEFL/IELTS scores: IELTS scores are not accepted. The TOEFL should be preferably the internet based test with atleast 100 marks.
- 7. Recommendation: Three recommendation letters with atleast one letter from an academic source must be uploaded online. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- 8. Application fee: $105 of the application fees must be paid online via credit card.
- 9. Optional writing sample: An optional writing sample of not more than ten pages to be submitted to the school.
The University also offers online courses for executives.
Comprehensive Leadership Programs
- –Advanced Management Program: Prepare for the Highest Level of Leadership
- –General Management Program: Shaping the Future of Outstanding Leaders
- –Program for Leadership Development: Accelerating the Careers of High-Potential Leaders
- -Owner/President Management
- -Digital Transformation
- -Marketing & Sales
- -Negotiation & Decision-Making
- -Health Care
- -Family Business
- -Social Enterprise & Nonprofits
- -General Management
- -Senior Executive Leadership Program—India
- -Senior Executive Leadership Program—Middle East
- -Senior Executive Leadership Program—China
- -Senior Executive Program—Africa
A variety of virtual [programs from time to time are provided by the school.
Certificate of Management Excellence
Leadership Program Options
- 1. Authentic Leader Development
- 2. Authentic Leader Development—Virtual
- 3. High Potentials Leadership Program
- 4. High Potentials Leadership Program—Virtual
- 5. Leadership for Senior Executives
- 6. Leading and Building a Culture of Innovation
- 7. Leading and Building a Culture of Innovation—Virtual
- 8. Leading Change and Organizational Renewal (HBS Campus only)
- 9. Leading Global Businesses
- 10. Leading Global Businesses—Virtual
Negotiation and Innovation Program Options
- 1. Behavioral Economics: Understanding and Shaping Customer and Employee Behavior
- 2. Behavioral Economics—Virtual
- 3. Changing the Game: Negotiation and Competitive Decision-Making
- 4. Changing the Game: Negotiation and Competitive Decision-Making—Virtual
- 5. Disruptive Innovation: Strategies for a Successful Enterprise
- 6. Disruptive Innovation—Virtual
- 7. Leading Product Innovation
- 8. Strategic Negotiations: Dealmaking for the Long Term
Strategy Program Options
- 1. Aligning Strategy and Sales
- 2. Building and Sustaining Value Across Markets
- 3. Reimagining Strategy: Applying Design Thinking to Your Organization
- 4. Reimagining Strategy with Design Thinking—Virtual
- 5. Strategic IQ: Creating Smarter Corporations
- 6. Strategy: Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- 7. Strategy: Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage—Virtual
- 8. Transforming Customer Experiences
Corporate Director Certificate
- 1. Making Corporate Boards More Effective
- 2. Making Corporate Boards More Effective—Virtual
- 3. Audit Committees in a New Era of Governance
- 4. Audit Committees—Virtual
- 5. Compensation Committees: New Challenges, New Solutions
- 6. Compensation Committees—Virtual
Custom programs: The University collaborates with the organization to help in co-learning with a variety of custom programs.
Programs for Small Teams and Individuals
- -Digital Transformation
- -Leadership Succession
- -Mergers & Acquisitions
- -Next-generation Strategy
- -New Markets
- -Launching New Products
- -Business Model Shift
- -New Regulations
A number of online courses are provided by the school. The applications are available during October or November for most of the courses. The fees range from $1.5K to $2.5K for all the courses. The courses are:
- Credential of readiness: The course is 10-17 weeks long with 8-15 hours of study per week.
- Alternative investments: The course is 5 weeks long with 6-7 hours of study per week.
- Business analytics: The course is 8 weeks long with 5 hours of study per week.
- Disruptive strategy: The course is 6 weeks long with 5 hours of study per week.
- Economics for managers: The course is 8 weeks long with 6-8 hours of study per week.
- Entrepreneurship essentials: The course is 4 weeks long with 6-8 hours of study per week.
- Financial accounting: The course is 8 weeks long with 6-8 hours of study per week.
- Global business: The course is 4 weeks long with 6-8 hours of study per week.
- Leadership principles: The course is 6 weeks long with 7-9 hours of study per week.
- Leading with finance: The course is 6 weeks long with 6-7 hours of study per week.
- Management essentials: The course is 8 weeks long with 4-7 hours of study per week.
- Negotiation mastery: The course is 8 weeks long with 4-5 hours of study per week.
- Sustainable business strategy: The course is 3 weeks long with 7-9 hours of study per week.