In Jeju City, South Korea, there is a public institution called Jeju National institution. On the well-known tourist destination of Jeju Island, it is the sole national university. The institution offers a huge selection of courses in the social sciences, humanities, sciences, and engineering. In the world, it is rated between 1201 and 1500th by the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- JNU is a public university located in Jeju City, South Korea.
- It was founded in 1952 and is the only national university on Jeju Island.
- The university has 13 colleges and 10 graduate schools, offering a wide range of programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, engineering, and social sciences.
- JNU is ranked 1201-1500th in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- The university is also known for its beautiful campus and its location on Jeju Island, a popular tourist destination.
Given that it is a public university in South Korea, the tuition is rather inexpensive.
The university is situated on the well-known tourist destination of Jeju Island. For those who are interested in experiencing Korean culture and nature, this might be a huge advantage.
The university has a robust alumni network that can support students in their post-graduation employment hunt.
- Strong alumni network: The university has over 100,000 alumni working in a variety of fields around the world.
- Sustainability: Jeju National University is committed to sustainability and has a number of initiatives in place to reduce its environmental impact.
- Student life: The university offers a variety of student life activities, such as clubs, organizations, and sports teams.
- Application deadline: The application deadline for international students is February 28, 2024.
- Early application deadline: The early application deadline for international students is December 31, 2023.
- Required documents: The required documents for international students include a high school diploma or equivalent, a college transcript, a personal statement, and two letters of recommendation.
- Visa application deadline: The visa application deadline for international students varies depending on your home country.
- Semester start date: The semester start date for international students is March 2, 2024.
- Arrival date: You must arrive in South Korea at least one week before the start of your semester.
- Accommodation: You will need to arrange your own accommodation. There are a variety of options available, including dormitories, apartments, and guesthouses.
- Travel insurance: You will need to purchase travel insurance that covers medical expenses and emergency evacuation.
|QS World University Rankings||1201-1500||World|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings||401-600||Asia|
|U.S. News & World Report||Not ranked||World|
|THE Impact Rankings||401-600||Global|
Courses Fees & Eligibility
|Course||Tuition (per semester)||Eligibility|
|Korean Language Program||1,500,000 KRW||High school diploma or equivalent|
|Undergraduate Programs||3,600,000 KRW – 4,700,000 KRW||High school diploma or equivalent, and SAT or ACT scores|
|Graduate Programs||4,200,000 KRW – 4,800,000 KRW||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and GRE or GMAT scores|
Candidates must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
Scores from the SAT or ACT must be submitted by applicants. The minimal standards differ according on the program.
Two reference letters: Two letters of support from academic or professional sources are required of applicants.
Personal statement: Applicants are required to submit a personal statement outlining their academic and non-academic objectives.
Scores from the TOEFL or IELTS are required of applicants. The minimal standards differ according on the program.
Academic results at Jeju National University are not made available to the public. The university does note that a substantial percentage of its alumni find jobs, though. 91% of Jeju National University graduates, according to the university, find work within six months of graduation. The university also states that the starting wage for its graduates is around $50,000. The Republic of Korea’s Ministry of Education has accredited Jeju National University. This indicates that the university has achieved the high requirements for academic excellence and student accomplishment set by the Ministry of Education.
- The results may vary depending on the program you are in.
- The results may also vary depending on your skills and experience.
- It is important to network with your classmates and professors to get your foot in the door.
It is also important to remember that not all students will be placed in a job right after graduation. Some students may need to take some time to find the right job for them. However, with hard work and dedication, most Jeju National University graduates are able to find good jobs after graduation.
Jeju National University does not make public information on employment available. The university does, however, offer a department dedicated to helping students find employment following graduation. The career services division provides a range of services, including help with job searching, interview coaching, and resume preparation. Additionally, Jeju National University graduates can search a database of job vacancies maintained by the career services division. Jobs from a range of industries, including healthcare, business, technology, and public safety are included in this database. I advise using the materials offered by the career services division if you are thinking about enrolling at Jeju National University. After you graduate, the department can assist you in finding employment and teach you the skills necessary for professional success.
- SK Telecom
Students at Jeju National University have access to a range of scholarships, including ones for academic achievement, financial need, and extracurricular involvement. These awards can assist students in lowering the price of their education. Students must fulfill the requirements for the scholarship in order to be eligible.
- Jeju National University President’s Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students with outstanding academic performance.
- Jeju National University Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students with good academic performance.
- Jeju National University Financial Aid Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students with financial need.
- Jeju National University Sports Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who are members of the university’s sports teams.
- Jeju National University Arts Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who are members of the university’s arts programs.
Mountain ranges surround the residential area where the Ara Campus is situated. The city center is just a short stroll away, and public transit is close by. Many gardens, ponds, and forests may be found on campus, giving students a tranquil setting in which to study or unwind. There are mountains and farmland all around the Jeju Science Park Campus, which is situated in a more rural location. Public transit is conveniently located nearby and is only a short drive from the city center. Numerous research centers and a sports complex are located on the campus.
Library: The library has a collection of over 1 million books and other materials.
Student union: The student union is a place where students can relax, study, and socialize. It has a variety of facilities, including a cafeteria, a game room, and a music room.
Sports facilities: The university has a variety of sports facilities, including a swimming pool, a gym, and a stadium.
Frequently Asked Questions
The admission requirements for international students vary depending on the program you are applying for. However, the general requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, a minimum GPA of 2.5, and SAT or ACT scores.
The cost of attending Jeju National University varies depending on the program you are enrolled in and the campus you attend. However, the average cost of tuition is \$3,600,000 KRW per semester.
Jeju National University offers a variety of financial aid options to students, including scholarships, grants, and loans. You can find more information about financial aid on the Jeju National University website.