In Dharwad, Karnataka, India, there is a public university called Karnataka University. One of the state’s oldest colleges, it was founded in 1949. The university provides numerous undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs in many different fields. It is linked with more than 1,000 colleges and has a student body of over 50,000.
The Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology, the Centre for Indian Language Studies, and the Centre for Women’s Studies are just a few of the university’s research institutions and institutes.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has placed the university at 143rd among Indian universities in 2023.
- Application deadline for undergraduate courses: July 15, 2023
- Application deadline for postgraduate courses: August 15, 2023
- Entrance examination for undergraduate courses: September 15, 2023
- Entrance examination for postgraduate courses: October 15, 2023
- Results of the entrance examination: November 15, 2023
- Admissions for undergraduate courses: December 15, 2023
- Admissions for postgraduate courses: January 15, 2024
- Commencement of classes: February 15, 2024
According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for universities in India, Karnataka University is rated 143rd in 2023. In Karnataka, it is also ranked third among universities. Over the years, the university’s rankings have been rising steadily.
- Teaching, learning, and resources
- Research and innovation
- Graduation outcomes
- Outreach and social responsibility
- Faculty and student quality
The Karnataka University has been working to raise all of these rankings. The institution has been making investments in new facilities like libraries, labs, and dorms. Additionally, the quantity of research articles and patents has been rising. The university has been making efforts to raise its placement rate.
Numerous undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs are available at Karnataka University in a range of subject areas. The university’s most well-liked course offerings include:
- Commerce: Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) and Master of Commerce (MCom).
- Law: Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Master of Laws (LLM).
- Education: Bachelor of Education (BEd) and Master of Education (MEd).
- Agriculture: Bachelor of Agriculture (B.Ag) and Master of Agriculture (M.Ag).
- Engineering: Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in various disciplines.
- Technology: Master of Technology (MTech) in various disciplines.
- Medicine: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Master of Medicine (MD).
- Veterinary Science: Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH).
- Fine Arts: Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) and Master of Fine Arts (MFA).
Fees & Eligibility
|Course||Fees (per year)||Eligibility|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||Rs. 8,000||Passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
|Bachelor of Science (BSc)||Rs. 9,000||Passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.|
|Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)||Rs. 8,000||Passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate in any stream.|
|Bachelor of Laws (LLB)||Rs. 12,000||Passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate and have passed the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).|
|Bachelor of Education (BEd)||Rs. 7,000||Passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate and have passed the National Eligibility Test (NET) or State Eligibility Test (SET).|
Soon, the outcomes of the undergraduate and graduate tests held by the Karnataka University will be made public. The university’s website and social media accounts will be used to publicize the results date.
The SMS should contain the following information:
- Your registration number
- Your date of birth
- The word “RESULT”
After graduation, Karnataka University’s placement office assists students in finding rewarding employment. The cell collaborates with numerous businesses and industries to offer students placement possibilities. To aid students in preparing for placements, the cell also coordinates campus interviews, workshops, and training sessions.
Over 80% of the students who sought placements during the previous school year were placed by the placement cell. The average package was 4.5 LPA, and the largest package available was 15 LPA. TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, and Amazon were the top employers.
The placement cell is always looking for ways to give students better placement possibilities. Additionally, the cell is striving to increase the number of employers who hire from universities in its database.
Depending on the scholarship, different people are eligible for different scholarships. However, in general, applicants must be in need of financial aid and have a strong academic record.
The scholarships are given out based on merit. The student’s academic performance, financial necessity, and other considerations are taken into account by the selection committee.
- Principal’s Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the third-top student in each graduating class.
- Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have scored well in the entrance examination.
- Need-Based Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who are unable to afford the tuition fees.
- Sports Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have excelled in sports.
- Cultural Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have excelled in cultural activities.
- Government Scholarships: The Government of Karnataka offers a number of scholarships to students from Karnataka. These scholarships are based on merit, financial need, and other factors.
- Private Scholarships: There are also a number of private scholarships that are available to students. These scholarships are offered by companies, organizations, and individuals.
There are extra than 50,000 students dwelling on the 750-acre campus of Karnataka University. With several timber and plant life, the faculty is surrounded by using a lovable green landscape. Several academic buildings, hostels, a library, a sports activities facility, and a playground are also gift.
The academic buildings on campus come fully furnished with contemporary amenities. There are many books and journals in the library. The sports facility includes a gym, a pool, and a cricket field. Football, basketball, and volleyball are just a few of the sports played on the playground.
There is an excellent student housing option on campus. The hostels are kept up properly and offer cozy accommodations for students. Several eateries and canteens that provide a range of foods are located on the campus.
Depending on the course, different students may meet different requirements for admission to Karnataka University. In general, nevertheless, candidates must have earned at least 50% of their possible points in the 10+2 test to be eligible.
Karnataka University offers a number of scholarships to students who have demonstrated academic excellence, financial need, or other exceptional qualities.
- The Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have scored well in the entrance examination.
- The Need-Based Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who are unable to afford the tuition fees.
- The Sports Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have excelled in sports.
- The Cultural Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have excelled in cultural activities.
- The career opportunities after graduating from Karnataka University are many and varied. Students can pursue careers in teaching, research, government, industry, and other fields.