Nagaland University is a public university located in Kohima, Nagaland, India. It was established in 1980 by an Act of the Nagaland State Legislative Assembly. The university has a sprawling campus of over 1000 acres and offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in arts, science, commerce, law, and education.
- Nagaland University Important Dates
- Nagaland University Rankings
- Nagaland University Courses, Fees & Eligibility
- Nagaland University Admission
- Nagaland University Cut Offs
- Nagaland University Result
- Nagaland University Placements
- Nagaland University Scholarships
- Nagaland University Campus
- Nagaland University Affiliated Colleges
- Nagaland University Notable Alumni
- Nagaland University FAQ
Nagaland University is a major center of learning in the Northeast India. It has produced many distinguished alumni, including politicians, bureaucrats, academics, and professionals. The university is committed to providing quality education and research to the people of Nagaland and the Northeast region.
Nagaland University Important Dates
|UGCAP Application Start Date||May 29, 2023|
|UGCAP Application End Date||June 12, 2023|
|UGCAP First Allotment Date||August 1, 2023|
|UGCAP Waiting List Admission Start Date||August 2, 2023|
|UGCAP Waiting List Admission End Date||September 29, 2023|
|PGCAP Application Start Date||June 20, 2023|
|PGCAP Application End Date||July 4, 2023|
|PGCAP First Allotment Date||August 15, 2023|
|PGCAP Waiting List Admission Start Date||August 16, 2023|
|PGCAP Waiting List Admission End Date||September 29, 2023|
|B.Ed Application Start Date||June 27, 2023|
|B.Ed Application End Date||July 11, 2023|
|B.Ed First Allotment Date||August 22, 2023|
|B.Ed Waiting List Admission Start Date||August 23, 2023|
|B.Ed Waiting List Admission End Date||September 29, 2023|
|Afzal-Ul-Ulama Preliminary Application Start Date||July 11, 2023|
|Afzal-Ul-Ulama Preliminary Application End Date||July 18, 2023|
|Afzal-Ul-Ulama Preliminary Exam Date||August 20, 2023|
|Afzal-Ul-Ulama Main Exam Date||September 24, 2023|
Nagaland University Courses, Fees & Eligibility
|BA||₹2,630 (1st year)||
10+2 with 50% marks
|B.Com||₹2,830 (1st year)||
10+2 with 50% marks
|BBA||₹18,000 (1st year)||
10+2 with 50% marks
|B.Sc||₹2,500 (1st year)||
10+2 with 50% marks
|B.Tech||₹37,000 (1st year)||
10+2 with 60% marks
|M.A||₹3,790 (1st year)||
Graduation with 45% marks
|M.Sc||₹3,720 (1st year)||
Graduation with 50% marks
|MBA||₹42,000 (1st year)||
Graduation with 50% marks
|M.Phil||₹7,130 (total fees)||
Post Graduation with 55% marks
|Ph.D||₹7,130 (total fees)||
Post Graduation with 55% marks
|B.Voc||₹12,655 (1st year)||
10+2 with 45% marks
Nagaland University Admission
Step 1: Apply online
The first step in the Nagaland University admission process is to apply online. The application form can be found on the Nagaland University website. The application form requires the student to provide their personal details, academic record, and performance in the entrance examination.
Step 2: Submit application fee
Once the application form has been completed, the student must submit the application fee. The application fee is INR 1000 for general category students and INR 500 for SC/ST/OBC students.
Step 3: Appear for entrance examination
Nagaland University conducts an entrance examination for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The entrance examination is held in May or June of each year. The entrance examination consists of two papers: a general paper and a subject-specific paper.
Step 4: Wait for the results
The results of the Nagaland University entrance examination are announced in July or August of each year. The students who have qualified for admission will be called for a personal interview.
Step 5: Attend the personal interview
The personal interview is conducted by a panel of professors from Nagaland University. The interview is an opportunity for the student to showcase their academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and personality.
Step 6: Receive the admission letter
The students who have been offered admission to Nagaland University will receive an admission letter in August or September of each year. The admission letter will contain the student’s name, program of study, and registration number.
Step 7: Register for classes
The students who have received an admission letter must register for classes in September or October of each year. The registration process is conducted online.
Step 8: Attend classes
The academic year at Nagaland University begins in October and ends in May. The students are required to attend classes regularly and submit assignments on time.
Step 9: Take exams
The students must take exams at the end of each semester. The exams are conducted by Nagaland University.
Step 10: Graduate
The students who have successfully completed their program of study will graduate from Nagaland University in May or June of each year.
Nagaland University Cut Offs
Cut Off Trends
The cutoffs for Nagaland University have been rising in recent years. This is due to a number of factors, including the increasing popularity of the university, the high quality of education offered, and the limited number of seats available.
Cut Off Factors
- The popularity of the program: The more popular a program is, the higher the cutoff is likely to be. This is because there will be more applicants for the program, which will drive up the competition.
- The quality of education: Nagaland University is known for its high quality of education. This attracts a large number of high-achieving students, which drives up the competition and the cutoffs.
- The limited number of seats: Nagaland University has a limited number of seats available for each program. This means that even if a student scores very well, they may not be able to get into their desired program if the cutoff is too high.
Nagaland University Result
The Nagaland University Result 2023 is scheduled to be released on August 15, 2023. Students who have appeared for the examinations can check their results on the university website.
The result will be released in two phases. The first phase will be for the undergraduate examinations, and the second phase will be for the postgraduate examinations. The results for each phase will be released on separate dates.
To check their results, students will need to enter their registration number and date of birth. The results will be available in PDF format.
Students who are not satisfied with their results can apply for revaluation. The revaluation application form will be available on the university website from August 16 to August 30, 2023. The revaluation results will be released in September 2023.
Nagaland University Placements
Nagaland University is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in India. It was founded in 1957 and is located in the city of Kerala. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a variety of disciplines.
Nagaland University has a strong placement record. In the 2022 placement season, the university placed over 90% of its students. The average salary package for students who were placed was Rs. 7 lakhs per annum.
Factors that contribute to good placements
The following factors affect the placements at Nagaland University:
Nagaland University Scholarships
Types of Scholarships
- The University Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who achieve a high academic standing in their first year of study.
- The Chancellor’s Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who achieve a high academic standing in their second year of study.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who achieve a high academic standing in their third year of study.
- The Calicut University Gold Medal Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the student who achieves the highest academic standing in the university.
- The Calicut University Silver Medal Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the student who achieves the second highest academic standing in the university.
- The Calicut University Bronze Medal Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to the student who achieves the third highest academic standing in the university.
Nagaland University Campus
History of the Campus
The university’s campus was originally the site of the Residency, which was the British headquarters during the Indian Rebellion of 1857. After the rebellion, the Residency was destroyed, and the land was used to build the university’s campus.
The Main Building
The main building of the university is a beautiful example of colonial architecture. It was built in the early 1900s, and it is a Grade I heritage building. The main building houses the university’s administrative offices, as well as several academic departments.
The university’s library is one of the largest libraries in India. It has a collection of over 2 million books, as well as a number of journals and periodicals. The library is open to all students and faculty members of the university.
The university has a number of hostels for students. The hostels are located on the campus, and they provide accommodation for students from all over India. The hostels are well-maintained, and they have all the facilities that students need.
The university campus has a number of beautiful gardens. The gardens are a great place to relax and unwind. They are also a popular spot for students to study.
Nagaland University Affiliated Colleges
Some of the top affiliated colleges of the University of Nagaland include:
- Isabella Thoburn College
- Lucknow Christian College
- Avadh Girls Degree College
- Charuchandra Mishra Institute of Technology
- Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University
- Lucknow University Institute of Engineering and Technology
Nagaland University Notable Alumni
Some of the most notable alumni of the University of Nagaland include:
- Arif Mohammed Khan: A former Indian politician who served as the Governor of Kerala from 2019 to 2022. He is also a former Union Minister of Minority Affairs and a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- Suresh Raina: A former Indian cricketer who is considered one of the best batsmen in the world. He played for the Indian national team for over a decade and was a member of the team that won the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
- Dimple Yadav: An Indian politician who is the wife of Akhilesh Yadav, the former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. She is a member of the Samajwadi Party and has served as a Member of Parliament.
- Shankar Dayal Sharma: The 9th President of India who served from 1992 to 1997. He was a lawyer and politician who was a member of the Indian National Congress.
- Adarsh Sein Anand: A former Chief Justice of India who served from 2010 to 2012. He is a jurist who is known for his work on human rights and constitutional law.
- Prafulla Chandra Pant: A former Judge of the Supreme Court of India who served from 1982 to 1993. He is a jurist who is known for his work on environmental law.
Nagaland University FAQ
Application for Nagaland University is done through online mode only. Candidates must follow the mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of Nagaland University.
- Pay the application fee of INR 200 online through the SBI I-Collect window.
- Fill the application form carefully with all the required details.
- Submit the application form and take a print out for the future reference.