For admission to PGCM, MBA, PGDM, and Executive PGDM programs offered by more than 1000 AICTE-approved CMAT score-accepting colleges, candidates must meet the CMAT eligibility requirements and take the CMAT exam in 2024. Therefore, before submitting the CMAT Registration Form 2024, it is advised to review the full list of CMAT eligibility requirements provided in this article.
- CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
- CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Course-Wise Eligibility
- CMAT Eligibility 2024: Reservations Policy
- CMAT Eligibility 2024: Other Backward Classes Reservation
- CMAT Eligibility 2024: Persons with disabilities (PwD) Reservation
- CMAT Eligibility 2024: Scribe Policy
- Documents Required
- Previous Year’s CMAT Analysis
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
Before completing the CMAT Application Form, students studying for the CMAT 2024 should review the CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2024. Below is a summary of the CMAT Eligibility Criteria for 2024 for your reference:
No minimum aggregate marks are required
|Nationality||Any candidate who is applying for CMAT 2024 must be an Indian resident|
|Age Limit||No upper age limit|
|CMAT Eligible Colleges||1000+|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2024: Course-Wise Eligibility
For admission to the PGDM/MBA, PGCM, and Executive PGDM programs, CMAT qualifying criteria must meet the standards established by each university or institution. There is no centralized CMAT Counseling 2024 offered by NTA. Each CMAT Participating College performs its own counseling and establishes the necessary eligibility standards. Following is a summary of the key program-wise eligibility requirements for CMAT 2024 that the majority of universities that accept CMAT scores will accept:
|Name of the Programme||Eligibility Details|
|MBA, PGDM, etc.||
|Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM)||
CMAT Eligibility 2024: Reservations Policy
The candidate must review the CMAT reservation policy that applies to that specific institute in order to get admitted to colleges that accept CMAT scores. Reservation policies vary by private institutions. The colleges and institutions that fall under the purview of the Central Government of India are subject to the aforementioned reservations.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|PwD (each category)||5%|
Apart from the above-mentioned reservation criteria, candidates should also make a note of the below-mentioned points:
- Private entities may hold different rules and regulations for reserved candidates.
- In the case of colleges run or aided by State Governments, the reservation policy of the respective State Governments shall be applicable.
CMAT Eligibility 2024: Other Backward Classes Reservation
Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website- ncbc.nic.in. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category column. State list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose the General category.
CMAT Eligibility 2024: Persons with disabilities (PwD) Reservation
Candidates who register for the PwD category of the CMAT 2024 exam should bear the following in mind:
- According to Section 2(t) of the RPwD Act, “Persons with Disability (PwD)” refers to any individual who has a chronic mental, intellectual, physical, or sensory impairment that prevents him from fully and equally participating in society.
- In accordance with Section 2 of the RPwD Act 2016, “Person with Benchmark Disability” refers to a person who, as certified by the certifying authority, has at least forty percent (40%) of a specified disability and who also has a disability where the specified disability has been defined in measurable terms.
CMAT Eligibility 2024: Scribe Policy
Candidates with disabilities (PwD) who are unable to operate the computer-based test platform due to vision impairment, dyslexia, impairment of the upper limbs, or loss of fingers or hands may use the services of a scribe to complete the CMAT 2024 exam. Candidates with disabilities (PwD) who need a scribe should keep in mind the following:
- Candidates who need these accommodations must select them during CMAT Registration 2024. Following registration, no such arrangement shall be made for the candidates.
- The NTA will be the only one to offer a scribe; candidates are not permitted to bring their own scribes.
- Test takers who are classified as persons with cognitive disabilities and use or don’t use a scribe’s services will have an additional 60 minutes to complete the exam.
The following papers are required of applicants for CMAT 2024 during the application, test, and admission processes:
- Qualification Records, such as grade reports and diplomas.
- Aadhar cards, PAN cards, driver’s licenses, etc. are examples of identity proof.
- Admissions Exam Proof, such as an application, an admit card, a scorecard, etc.
The following certificates and documentation must be submitted by candidates who wish to be considered for CMAT Reservation 2024 benefits under the categories of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), the girl child category, and Defense Persons:
- Caste certificates
- Dependent certificates
- Income certificates
- Proformas, and other documents as required by the individual college or institute.
If a candidate selects a category and submits supporting documentation with their CMAT application, that category cannot be modified afterwards. Therefore, the candidate must carefully read and comprehend the seat reservation terms before applying.
Previous Year’s CMAT Analysis
The CMAT 2021 and 2022 exam papers were both of a moderately challenging nature. The CMAT 2022 test was moderately challenging overall and was administered in a single shift. While generally moderate, the CMAT 2021 question paper was a little harder than the CMAT 2020. The CMAT question paper from the previous year had a small element of surprise, especially in the sections on quantitative techniques and data interpretation for the CMAT 2022. The CMAT 2022 exam’s level of difficulty was deemed satisfactory by the students.
CMAT stands for the Common Management Admission Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in India. CMAT is used for admission to various postgraduate management programs, including MBA, PGDM, and similar courses.
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to take the CMAT exam. There is no specific age limit for CMAT.
You can register for CMAT by visiting the official website of NTA-CMAT. Follow the registration process, which typically includes filling out an online application form, uploading necessary documents, and paying the application fee.
The CMAT exam consists of four sections: Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. Each section typically has 25 questions, making it a total of 100 questions. The exam duration is three hours.
Yes, there is negative marking in CMAT. For each incorrect answer, one mark is deducted. However, there is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
The CMAT syllabus is a set of topics and subject areas that are covered in the CMAT exam. It includes sections on Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness, and sometimes Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
A well-structured study plan, regular practice, and mock tests are crucial for CMAT preparation. Focus on your weaker areas and manage your time effectively to cover all topics.