GMAT Exam Registration 2023: GMAT is a management entrance exam conducted around the year where the candidates have the flexibility to take the exam on any day depending on the availability and time slot. In this article, we have discussed the complete GMAT registration process step by step. You need to make sure that at the time of booking your slot, your preferential test centre is also available on the chosen date.
Candidates can register for the GMAT application anytime between 6 months and 24 hours before the exam date. Although getting a GMAT slot at the last moment is not possible every time. So, you should go for GMAT Registration 2023 at least 3 months before the planned test date
GMAT Registration Fee 2023
GMAT Registration fee is US $275 (approx. Rs. 22,800) in India for the GMAT exam supposed to be held at a test centre and US $300 (approx. Rs. 24,600) for the online GMAT exam. If the candidates wish to reschedule or cancel their GMAT exam, they will have to pay a fee for the same.
The following points will provide you with more clarity about the GMAT exam rescheduling and the GMAT exam cancellation fee details:
- If you reschedule the GMAT exam 1 to 14 days prior to your GMAT appointment, you will have to pay $165 in the case of a test centre GMAT and $180 in the case of the online GMAT exam at home. If the rescheduling is done 15 to 60 days prior to the GMAT test date, you will have to pay $110 for the test centre GMAT and $120 for the online GMAT at home. If the rescheduling is done more than 60 days prior to the GMAT exam date, you will have to pay $55 for the test centre GMAT exam and $60 for the online GMAT at home.
- If you cancel the GMAT exam 1 to 14 days prior to the appointment, you will receive a refund of $55 in the case of a test centre GMAT and a refund of $60 in the case of the online GMAT exam at home. If you cancel your GMAT exam 15 to 60 days prior to the appointment, you will receive $80 as a refund in the case of a test centre GMAT exam and $90 in the case of the online GMAT exam at home. If you cancel the GMAT exam more than 60 days prior to the GMAT test date, you will receive $110 as a refund in the case of a test centre GMAT and $120 in the case of the online GMAT exam at home.
Registration for the GMAT in 2023
Candidates must register for the GMAT exam by setting up an account on its official website, mba.com. The step-by-step online GMAT registration process is described here. The GMAT test is given several times a year. There are hence no set dates for the GMAT exam. At least three months prior to the scheduled date, candidates should register for the GMAT Exam. A candidate may only take the GMAT five times in a rolling 12-month period and once every 16 calendar days. Additionally, a person has a lifetime limit of eight GMAT attempts.
How to Book for GMAT Registration 2023?
The candidates have the liberty of giving the exam anytime in the year as per their convenience. The important thing to note is that the candidates can reschedule their next attempt only after 16 days of taking the first attempt. A candidate is only allowed five attempts in one year. Here, are the steps to schedule your exam.
Steps to register for GMAT 2023:
Step 1: Visit the official GMAT website, mba.com
Step 2: The candidate needs to create his/her account.
Step 3: Give your personal details like Name, address, etc.
Step 4: Provide your academic and work details.
Step 5: Verify and submit your details.
Step 6: Schedule your exam. Choose your closest or preferred GMAT test centre and then select the exam date.
Step 7: Once you have selected the preferred date, you need to select a suitable time for your exam.
Step 8: Pay the GMAT Registration fee online through a debit or credit card.
Eligibility for GMAT Registration 2023
When it comes to GMAT 2023 registrations, GMAC has not laid down any specific eligibility criteria. Here are some important points to consider:
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to register for the GMAT 2023 exam. However, there is a lower ceiling that candidates must be 18 years or older for taking the GMAT exam. Candidates between 13 and 17 years of age can also register for the GMAT exam after providing a signed GMAT Parental Consent/Authorization form (NOC from legal guardians or parents).
- Language Requirements: Students with any native language can register for the GMAT exam. There is no compulsion that their schooling or higher education must be from English medium only.
- Academic Background: When it comes to GMAT registration vis-à-vis a student’s academic background, students do not require any minimum academic qualification to register for the GMAT 2023 exam. In addition, there are no restrictions related to your undergraduate degree marks.
- Work Experience: Students do not need any minimum work experience to register for the GMAT exam.
It is vital to note that MBA colleges might have certain eligibility requirements. Students are advised to note the MBA admission requirements for different colleges before applying.
Different Ways to Register for the GMAT 2023
- Online: Candidates can make an account with the official website and can register for the GMAT exam 2023.
- Through Phone: The candidates can also schedule through phone by calling the GMAT Customer Service of their region. Candidates have to pay a US $10 surcharge for scheduling the exam by phone.
- Postal Mail: The candidates can also pay through cheque to schedule the GMAT exam.
Rescheduling and Cancelling GMAT 2023
As mentioned above, the GMAT registration fees is $275 (approx. Rs. 22,800) in India for the GMAT exam supposed to be held at a test centre and $300 (approx. Rs. 24,600) for the online GMAT exam. In case a candidate wants to reschedule or cancel his/her GMAT exam 2023, the process will involve some costs. Students must note that the GMAT test appointment cannot be cancelled or modified within 24 hours of the scheduled test and time. Moreover, rescheduling the GMAT exam over the phone will require you to pay a $10 surcharge along with the rescheduling fee.
A. As the GMAT exam is conducted throughout the year, one can appear for this exam anytime. Steps to register for GMAT 2023:
- Register on the official website of the GMAT
- Create an ID and password and fill in the required details
- Schedule your GMAT exam by choosing your preferred GMAT exam date and other details
- Pay the application fee of $275 for the GMAT exam supposed to be held at a test centre and $300 for the online GMAT exam
- Candidates can pay online or offline
A. GMAT Registration 2023 costs $275 for the exam to be conducted at a test centre and $300 for the GMAT exam to be conducted online at home. Also, if the candidate wants to cancel or reschedule the exam then they will be charged for it. If you want to reschedule your GMAT 2023 exam more than 60 days prior to your GMAT appointment, you will be charged $55 for the test centre GMAT and $60 for the online GMAT at home. If you want to reschedule your GMAT exam 2023, 15 to 60 days prior to the GMAT appointment, you will be charged $110 for the test centre GMAT and $120 for the online GMAT at home. If you want to reschedule your GMAT exam 1 to 14 days prior to the GMAT exam date, you will be charged $165 for the test centre GMAT and $180 for the online GMAT at home.
A. Before you register for the GMAT 2023 exam and book your slot, you must keep in mind various study abroad intakes, MBA or MIM admission deadlines, time that you require for the GMAT exam preparation, and time that you need to prepare the admission documents such as a Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation, Admission Essays, an updated Resume, etc. You must start your journey 10-12 months before the MBA or MIM admission deadline. Research the colleges and funding options and start preparing for the GMAT. Meanwhile, you must start working on your admission documents as well. Typically, GMAT preparation requires 3-6 months. Hence, it is important for you to consider all these factors before deciding your GMAT exam date 2023.
A. Before understanding the timeline, let us understand what all factors are important for your MIM or MBA admissions. These factors include your undergraduate percentage or GPA, GMAT score, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, admission essays, updated resume, work experience (if applicable), and performance on the interview. It is advised that you begin your research for the MBA or MIM College at least 10-12 months before the application deadline. In these 10-12 months, you need to prepare for the GMAT, prepare your application documents, arrange all the finances, and complete your paper work. Typically, it takes 3-6 months to prepare for the GMAT. You must also keep some buffer time just in case if you have to retake the GMAT exam. Hence, ideally speaking, there must be 6-8 months of gap between your GMAT exam date and MBA or MIM application deadline (considering 4 months of preparation).
A. Once you have registered for the GMAT exam, you can reschedule it. However, this process will involve some cost. If you wish to reschedule your GMAT exam 1 to 14 days prior to your GMAT appointment, you will have to pay $165 for the test centre GMAT and $180 for the online GMAT at home. If you wish to reschedule your GMAT exam 15 to 60 days prior to your GMAT exam date, you will have to pay $110 for the test centre GMAT and $120 for the online GMAT exam at home. If you want to reschedule your GMAT exam more than 60 days prior to the GMAT appointment, you will have to pay $55 for the test centre GMAT and $60 for the online GMAT exam at home.