Registration for IBSAT 2023 is still open at ibsindia.org. Candidates who wish to take the IBS entrance examination must complete the online application. Before registering for the IBSAT 2023 exam, candidates must make sure they meet the required eligibility requirements. In the fourth week of December 2023, the test is anticipated to take place. Candidates must take the IBSAT 2023 exam in order to participate in the admissions process for the MBA/PGDM program at IBS 9 campuses.
- What is IBSAT?
- IBSAT 2023 Exam Dates & Schedule
- IBSAT Exam 2023 Highlights
- IBSAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
- IBSAT 2023 Application Form
- IBSAT 2023 Registration
- IBSAT 2023 Selection Process and Criteria
- IBSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- IBSAT 2023 Syllabus
- IBSAT 2023 Preparation
- IBSAT Cut off 2023
What is IBSAT?
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (considered to be a university) administers the IBS Aptitude Test or IBSAT as a national entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGPM programs. Nine ICFAI Business Schools (IBS), including the IBS in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, and Dehradun, accept IBSAT scores. The two-hour IBSAT is a computer-based test (CBT) with multiple-choice questions. A computer-based exam called the IBSAT is often given over the course of two days in December. Prior to participating in the group discussion and personal interview phases of the final selection process, qualified candidates must first attend a briefing session.
IBSAT 2023 Exam Dates & Schedule
|IBSAT 2023 National Mock Test||Aug ’23 – Dec ’23|
|IBSAT 2023 Registration||1 Jul ’23 – 16 Dec ’23|
|IBSAT 2023 Exam Slot Booking||Nov ’23|
|IBSAT 2023 Admit Card||Nov ’23 – Dec ’23|
|IBSAT 2023 Exam||Dec ’23|
|IBSAT 2023 Result||Dec ’23|
|IBSAT 2023 GD-PI||Feb ’24 – Mar ’24|
|IBSAT 2023 Selection Process Result||Mar ’24|
IBSAT Exam 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||ICFAI Foundation For Higher Education (a deemed to be University under Section 3 of UGC act 1956)|
|IBSAT 2023 Convening Body||ICFAI Business School|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode||Home proctored mode|
|Syllabus||Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation|
|Exam Pattern||140 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,800|
|Number of Applications Received||Approximately 25,000 in the previous years|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into 9 Campuses of ICFAI Business School (IBS) in Hyderabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Pune & Mumbai|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||040-23440963|
IBSAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
To apply for the IBSAT 2023 exam, candidates must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50 percent in any subject.
- Candidates must submit their TOEFL, NELT, or IELTS scores if they don’t match the requirements for graduating in English only.
- Those applying who are in their final year of high school are also welcome.
- Candidates can apply for direct admission if they have a valid GMAT, CAT, or NMAT score from GMAC.
IBSAT 2023 Application Form
Filling out the IBSAT 2023 application is the initial step in the admissions process. There will be no option for submitting IBSAT 2023 application forms after the deadline, therefore candidates must complete out the form within the allotted period. IBS candidates can only apply online for the IBSAT 2023 exam. The development of a login ID and password is the first step in the application procedure, which concludes with the payment of an INR 1800 application fee. The IBSAT is administered in numerous test cities around the nation.
IBSAT 2023 Registration
By submitting the application cost of INR 1800, candidates can register for IBSAT 2023 on the official website, ibsindia.org. Making a login ID and password, completing the application form, uploading supporting materials, and paying the application price are all required steps in the registration procedure. The steps for IBSAT registration are listed below:
- Visit the official website and click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab.
- Fill in all the basic information including personal details, address, contact number, and email id. Submit the application.
- Login using the application ID and password generated in the previous step.
- Fill IBSAT 2023 application form for personal and academic details.
- Upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed format and dimensions.
- Pay IBSAT application fee of INR 1800 by using online payment gateways (Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card).
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button for the final submission of the form.
IBSAT 2023 Selection Process and Criteria
IBSAT 2023 Selection process will include the clearing of IBSAT 2023 exam, meeting the cutoff, and appearing for GD and PI rounds of selection. Candidates will be judged on various criteria including positive outlook, leadership qualities, and negotiation skills. Candidates need to carry the below-mentioned documents to the center for verification:
- 10thand 12thmarks sheets and certificate
- Transfer & Migration certificate
- IBSAT 2023 admit card & IBSAT 2023 scorecard
- CMAT/ NMAT/ GMAC/ CAT scorecard
- Character certificate
- Passport size photographs
IBSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
IBSAT Exam Pattern is specified by ICFAI. It is noteworthy that IBSAT 2032 Exam Pattern is similar in marking scheme and structure to other MBA exams like CAT, SNAP, NMAT, etc.
- IBSAT Question paper will comprise 140 MCQs ranging from moderate to difficult.
- The exam will be held in Computer-Based Test mode for a duration of 2 hours.
- All questions will be in the English language only.
- As per IBSAT 2023 marking scheme, 1 mark will be awarded for correct answers and no marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- 4 sections will form the question paper- Verbal Ability, RC, Quant, and DI. The section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below:
|Section||Marks Allotted||Number of Questions|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||30||30|
IBSAT 2023 Syllabus
The Verbal Ability, RC, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation & Sufficiency portions make up the four components of the IBSAT 2023 Syllabus. To align their preparation with the key areas in the syllabus, candidates must read through the whole section-by-section curriculum. Since the IBSAT Syllabus is more or less the same as that of other MBA examinations like the CAT, XAT, CMAT, etc., candidates taking these exams can use the same techniques to pass the IBSAT 2023 exam. The complete IBSAT syllabus is provided below for your reference.
|Verbal Ability||Analogy, Synonyms & Antonyms, Critical Reasoning, Idioms, Vocabulary, Para jumbles, Sentence Correction, Meaning/Usage match|
|Reading Comprehension||RC passages on various themes like Art & Culture, Business, Management, Science & Technology, Global Issues, Society & Diversity, etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arithmetic (ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed, etc), Geometry, Modern Mathematics, Number system, Algebra, Trigonometry, Series.|
|Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||Data interpretation (Tables, Charts, Graphs), Problem-solving, Data sufficiency.|
IBSAT 2023 Preparation
IBSAT 2023 Preparation requires a clear understanding of the test structure, marking scheme, questions asked in the previous year’s papers, and syllabus. The revision would be sufficient for candidates preparing for CAT/NMAT/ XAT/ SNAP as the exam pattern and syllabus is almost identical and IBSAT is comparatively easier than CAT or XAT.
For candidates preparing solely for IBSAT 2023, the below-mentioned tips would be highly beneficial to score a decent score:
- Every day, solve at least two example papers, and keep track of your progress.
- Additionally, keep a record of your errors and go over those subjects again before attempting the questions.
- To gain a sense of the level of difficulty that might be anticipated in the IBSAT 2023 exam, consult IBSAT prior year papers.
- Concentrate on picking up quick tips and formulas to ace the IBSAT Quant part. An extensive review of fundamental ideas and formulas, including those related to squares, square roots, cubes, divisibility laws, significant ratios for converting percentages, quadratic equations, remainder theorem, unitary method, permutations, combinations, and probability.
- Focus on answering as many questions as possible from practice books like How to Prepare for VA by Arun Sharma for the IBSAT Verbal Ability. Just read 1-2 articles every day to expand your vocabulary.
IBSAT Cut off 2023
IBSAT Cut off is the score that must be achieved in order to participate in counseling. After IBSAT 2023 results are released, IBSAT 2023 cut off will be announced. It can be seen from the cut-off analysis from the previous year that the IBSAT cut-off typically falls between the 65th and the 75th percentile. For your reference, the anticipated IBSAT cut off for 2023 is provided below:
|IBS College||IBSAT 2023 Cut off (Expected)|
IBSAT exam comprises a total of 140 questions. For every correct answer, 1 mark is awarded. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. Hence, candidates can attempt all questions without the fear of losing marks.
IBSAT 2023 will be conducted in the English language only. The questions will not be available in any other language medium.
No, there is no provision for negative marking for incorrect answers in IBSAT 2023. Also, marks are neither awarded nor deducted for unattempted questions. The question paper will have 140 MCQs carrying 1 mark each.
Candidates willing to appear for IBSAT need to have a recognized bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate marks. Furthermore, even candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply for the examination.