The All India Society for Electronics and Computer Technology (AISECT) founded Rabindranath Tagore University, formerly known as AISECT University, at Mendua Village, Raisen District, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. The Government of Madhya Pradesh and the University Grant Commission both acknowledge Rabindranath Tagore University. It offers graduate, postgraduate, and research-level academic programs in fields like engineering, paramedicine, information technology, management, and law. The National Academy of Fire and Safety Engineering provided support for the establishment of AISECT Academy for Fire Safety and Security.
Table of Contents
The undergraduate, graduate, and research programs at Rabindranath Tagore University are divided among several faculties, including engineering & technology, science, arts, commerce, management, law, education, and paramedicine.
Here are some of the important dates for University for the academic year 2023-2024:
- Admissions closing dates:
- Diploma and certificate courses admission last date 18 August 2023
- Last date to apply for PhD programme 16 August 2023
- For incoming students: September 1-22, 2023
- For new faculty and staff: August 29-30, 2023
- First day of classes: September 26, 2023
- Mid-semester break: October 23-29, 2023
- Winter break: December 23, 2023 – January 2, 2024
- Spring break: March 6-12, 2024
- Final exams: May 8-19, 2024
The University is listed between 101 and 150 among Indian universities in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2023. Additionally, it has a global ranking of 1001–1200.
To rank higher education institutions in India, the Ministry of Education, Government of India, created the NIRF rating methodology. Teaching, research, placements, and infrastructure are some of the aspects that go into the ranking.
Private Rabindranath Tagore University may be found in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It was established in 2010. In a number of fields, including engineering, technology, business, and education, the institution provides a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs.
Courses,fees & Eligibility
The undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs at University span a range of fields, including engineering, technology, business, and education. The following are some of the classes that Rabindranath Tagore University offers:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Data Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Design (BDes) in Communication Design
- Bachelor of Design (BDes) in Product Design
- Master of Engineering (ME) in Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Engineering (ME) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Master of Engineering (ME) in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Design (MDes) in Communication Design
- Master of Design (MDes) in Product Design
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer Science and Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Mechanical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Design
various undergraduate courses at University have various fees. The average annual tuition for undergraduate degrees, however, ranges from INR 80,000 to INR 1,20,000.
The price of postgraduate tuition at Rabindranath Tagore University varies depending on the course. However, postgraduate tuition often ranges from INR 90,000 to INR 1,50,000 per year.
Students could also be expected to pay fees for services like the library, the mess, and the dorms in addition to tuition.
The eligibility criteria for admission to University vary depending on the course. However, in general, the eligibility criteria for undergraduate courses are as follows:
- 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Some courses may have additional requirements, such as having passed specific subjects.
The eligibility criteria for postgraduate courses are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Some courses may have additional requirements, such as having passed specific subjects or having a minimum work experience.
The eligibility criteria for doctoral courses are as follows:
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Some courses may have additional requirements, such as having published research papers or having a minimum work experience.
Here are the key points of the University admission process :
- Application: The application form can be found on the university’s website. The application fee for undergraduate courses is INR 500 and the application fee for postgraduate courses is INR 1000.
- Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for admission to the various courses offered by R Tagore University vary depending on the course. However, in general, students must have passed the 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% marks in order to be eligible for admission to undergraduate courses. For postgraduate courses, students must have passed a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Entrance exam: Some courses may require students to take an entrance exam. The entrance exam is usually held in April or May.
- Selection: The admission decisions are made on a merit basis. The selection committee considers the marks obtained by the students in the qualifying examination, as well as their performance in the entrance examination, if any.
For the academic year 2023-2024, the cutoffs for some of the popular courses at University are as follows:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science and Engineering: 65% (General) and 60% (Reserved)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 60% (General) and 55% (Reserved)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechanical Engineering: 60% (General) and 55% (Reserved)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Data Science: 70% (General) and 65% (Reserved)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): 55% (General) and 50% (Reserved)
- Bachelor of Design (BDes) in Communication Design: 65% (General) and 60% (Reserved)
- Bachelor of Design (BDes) in Product Design: 60% (General) and 55% (Reserved)
The cutoffs for postgraduate courses are generally lower than the cutoffs for undergraduate courses. For example, the cutoff for the Master of Engineering (ME) in Computer Science and Engineering is 60% (General) and 55% (Reserved).
The results for University are not yet out. The university is expected to release the results in the next few weeks. You can check the university’s website for the latest updates on the results.
Here are the steps on how to check your result:
- Go to the Vidyasagar University website.
- Click on the “Results” tab.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
The University has a solid placement record. The average pay package given to students during the 2022 placement season was INR 5.20 lakhs annually, according to the university’s placement report.
Infosys, Wipro, Amazon, Deloitte, IBM, Accenture, TCS, L&T, and Tech Mahindra are some of the main employers at Tagore University.
To make sure that students are placed well, Rabindranath Tagore University’s placement office maintains tight ties with the business community. To assist students in preparing for placements, the placement cell coordinates a variety of events including campus interviews, workshops, and training programs.
Throughout the placement process, the placement cell also offers counseling and support to students.
Rabindranath Tagore University’s track record for placement is getting better every year. The college is dedicated to offering
University provides students with a variety of scholarships. These scholarships are given out based on merit, financial need, or a combination of the two.
The following are only a few of the scholarships Rabindranath Tagore University offers:
Scholarship for Academic Merit: Students are given this scholarship depending on their academic record. The value of the scholarship varies according to the subject and the academic year.
Need-based grant: Students from low-income families are eligible to receive this grant. The amount of the scholarship varies according to the family’s income.
Scholarship for the Entrance Exam: Students who perform well on the entrance exam are eligible for this scholarship. Depending on the admission exam score, the scholarship amount varies.
Sports Scholarship: Students who succeed in sports are eligible for this scholarship. The sum of the scholarship
The University is situated outside of Bhopal, the capital of India’s central state of Madhya Pradesh and the city of lakes. The institution is located around 15 kilometers outside the city, spread out over a 50-acre campus with 15 autonomous building blocks.
The 50-acre campus of Rabindranath Tagore University is self-contained and is run from 15 widely spaced autonomous building blocks. The campus is situated outside of the Indian city of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. There are several academic buildings, dorms, sporting facilities, and a library on the campus.
Since The University is a young institution, there are not many prominent alumni. However, the following list of eminent Rabindranath Tagore University graduates includes:
- Ramgopal Kashyap is a researcher. In 2017, he graduated with a PhD in computer science from Rabindranath Tagore University. He is presently employed with Google AI as a Research Scientist.
- Engineer in software, Abhishek Jain. In 2021, he graduated from Rabindranath Tagore University with a BTech in computer science. He is currently employed at Microsoft as a software engineer.
- a data scientist named Smriti Mishra. Rabindranath Tagore University awarded her a Master of Science in Data Science in 2022. She is currently employed by Amazon as a data scientist.
Smriti Mishra is a data scientist. In 2022, she received a Master of Science in Data Science from Rabindranath Tagore University. She works as a data scientist for Amazon right now.
Recognition and Awards. Rabindranath Tagore University is recognised by University Grant Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Bar Council of India (BCI), Madhya Pradesh Paramedical Council and Indian Nursing Council (INC).
Rabindranath Tagore University (RNTU) is a private institution of higher education in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
The University is recognized under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act. The University is also recognized by AICTE.